St. Cuthbert Mayne School is situated in Gadebridge Park, overlooking the town of Hemel Hempstead and on the perimeter of the Gadebridge Estate.
Founded by the Dominican Sisters, the first pupils were registered in 1958 and the school was formally opened in 1960 by Cardinal Godfrey. St Cuthbert Mayne School is a junior mixed, with two form entry.
The motto of the Dominicans is contained in our school badge:
LAUDARE – To Praise
BENEDICERE – To Bless
PRÆDICARE – To Preach
The school maintains links with the Dominican sisters with former Headteacher Sr Laurentia a regular visitor to the school. Mrs Smith is a Dominican Associate and a member of the Dominican schools group.
Our House names were chosen by the pupils in 2017 from Dominican Saints – St Dominic, St Martin de Porres; St Catherine of Siena and St Rose.