We are very fortunate to have such a supportive Parents Association. Thank you to all of you who support us.
Your Committee are
Chair – Kerry Fordyce
Vice Chair –
Secretary – Phil Bowers
Should you wish to contact us either send us a note via the office marked Parents’ Association, email us via email@example.com or approach us in the playground.
What we do
We hold events for both adults & children to raise funds for the school to help provide all the extras that the children enjoy that are not provided for by county in the school budget.
Money from the PA has been used for:
- ICT – purchase of pupil laptop computers
- Playground games
- Visiting theatres, outings, special events in school (Arts Week, Maths Day)
- Props for concerts
- The quiet area in the playground
- Interactive white boards throughout the school
- In school photographs from various activity days/concerts
- Coach travel if needed
Why do we do it?
School budgets are always being stretched. As a voluntary aided school we do not receive full funding from the government so we are expected to make up the shortfall through the Parents’ Association and the Governors Fund. The percentage we need to find can range from 10% to the full cost of the project depending on whether we get any grants to help us. It is therefore expected that parents give their support, so as to maintain the standards we all expect for our children and to enhance their school experience by giving them the added extras that the school budget does not cover.
How can you support us?
- Buying a ticket for our events that we organise for your enjoyment. Also inviting friends, work colleagues, extended family, past or future families of the school to our wide range of events where applicable. Even if you are unable to attend a donation would be greatly appreciated to show your support.
- Helping out at events where additional man/woman power is needed.
- Coming along to committee meetings, EVERYONE is welcome. (Meetings are held in the staff room)
- If you have a talent perhaps you could donate your service and time for one of our events. We are always grateful for offers of help from parents that can provide a beauty/health treatment in our beauty bar, decorate cakes or other baked goods, craft items, artists etc.
- Supplying donations of goods & services when needed for raffles/fetes,
- Approaching your employer for donations of gifts for our fete. In the past we have had donations, of: cameras, holidays, leisure vouchers, hair cuts, massage, reflexology, manicure, laptop, CD player, stationery, toiletries and free meals. All gifts no matter how big or small are greatly appreciated, and mention is made of donating companies in the programme.
- Sponsoring our programme where applicable or an event.
- Making gift aid donations to the school either personally or through a match giving scheme in which some companies participate.
- EASY FUNDRAISING: Do you shop online? If so, every time you buy something you could be raising money for our school, FOR FREE! Many well-known retailers will donate a percentage of what you spend to St Cuthbert Mayne (St Cuthbert Mayne Catholic School PA – Hemel Hempstead) when you shop with them via www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stcmpa
Annual General Meeting
Our AGM is usually held at the end of January. If you feel you might like to take on one of the roles but are not sure what it entails, please come & talk to us at anytime. For some roles a disk is supplied containing previous letters or accounts, or perhaps you would like a supporting role, which involves helping at events & attending meetings when possible. Both Mums & Dads are welcome to join the committee.
‘No-one can do everything, but everyone can do something’
Please help by supporting your child’s school