St. Cuthbert Mayne School is situated in Gadebridge Park, overlooking the town of Hemel Hempstead and on the perimeter of the Gadebridge Estate. Founded by the Dominican Sisters, the school admitted its first pupils in 1958 and was formally opened in 1960. There is a wide catchment area, with children coming from Boxmoor, Bovingdon, Gadebridge, Highfield, Grovehill and Woodhall Farm areas. The Diocese of Westminster became the Trustee of St. Cuthbert Mayne School in 1990. The school is junior mixed, with two form entry. The number on roll in September is expected to be 240.
St. Cuthbert Mayne School has a traditional class-based design on a split-level site. It consists of assembly and dining halls, nine classrooms, library, learning support and group rooms and administrative area of offices and staffroom.
Pupils of St. Cuthbert Mayne follow a wide curricular programme, which fulfils the requirements of the Department for Education, and which adheres to the Diocesan Guidelines for Catholic Schools. The school creates a rich learning environment, where pupils are enabled to develop academically, morally, culturally, spiritually and socially to their full potential.
Download the full Prospectus in PDF format – PROSPECTUS 2019-2020
Pupils live up to the school’s deeply rooted values. Ofsted