- To provide a welcoming, safe, secure environment for pupils before the beginning of the school day
- To provide an affordable, early drop off childcare facility for parents/carers.
- To continue to build positive links/relationships with parents/carers.
- To provide children with a nutritious breakfast at the start of the day in a pleasant and relaxed environment.
- To provide a calm play environment in which children can engage socially with other year groups therefore strengthening relationships within the school community.
- The Breakfast Club will be run by St Cuthbert Mayne School and open to pupils from Year 3 to Year 6 from 7.55am to 8.40am. Entrance will be via the Dining Room door to the lower playground. The car park gate to the upper playground will be opened before 7.55am.
- The Club will provide a healthy breakfast and activities to assist learning e.g. doing homework, reading, drawing and playing board games. Children will not be allowed
to leave the Breakfast Club room to play outside unsupervised.
- Staff will be responsible for the care and management of children, treating them with respect at all times. Children will only use the toilets next to 5SP.
- The club will comply with environmental health food safety standards. No food containing nuts will be served. We shall encourage the children in our care to make healthy options when choosing from a basic breakfast menu listed below:
- Cereals (various)
- Toast with butter/low fat spread
- Semi-skimmed Milk
- Water/Fruit juices
- There will be at least two members of staff in attendance at any time, all of whom will have undergone the appropriate training. Legal guidelines relating to the adult/child ratio will always be adhered to. In addition to Breakfast Club staff, the caretaker will be on site from 7.30am.
- Breakfast will be served from 8.00am to 8.20am. Once the children have finished their breakfasts, a range of activities will be available. Breakfast Club ends at 8.40am when the children will be expected to go into the playground which is supervised by other school staff until going into class.
- The Club will operate for children attending St Cuthbert Mayne Primary School only. The club is situated in the school dining hall. Children will not be allowed access to other areas of the school during this time.
- The charge of £3.00 covers the cost of care and breakfast. Parents will be given one month’s notice of any increase in fees. All fees must be paid in advance and all monies are non-refundable. A register of attendance is taken daily. The school reserves the right to exclude a child if fees are not paid and refuse entry if a parent has not booked in advance.
- Parents are asked to show agreement with these ground rules by signing the application form.
- All parents are required to hand their children over to the Breakfast Club Assistants and sign their child(ren) in.
- In the event of a parent wishing to make a complaint, this should be made in the first instance to the member of staff organising the club. If a parent is still concerned then the matter should be taken to the Headteacher, Mrs F Smith.